Saturday, July 10, 2010

Thai Chili Turkey Burgers

OMG! My high school friend, Anna Powell (Pennington) sent me this recipe saying it was one of her and her hubby's favorites. I was nervous about how spicy it would be but it was absolutely perfect! I could not believe how well the flavor was throughout the burger. Michael was a little sketched out that it was made with turkey, but he even said it was a keeper. The one caution I would put out there is that you can't go into this expecting a hamburger. It's such a different flavor and texture. Also the spicy ranch was a MUST, complementing it so well! We had it with hash browns as a side.


1lb lean ground turkey

1/2 cup sweet thai chili sauce

1/8 cup of sriracha chili sauce

Mix the sauces in with the turkey and form into the 3-4 patties. Cook on grill until no longer pink in the center. Serve with a quick spicy ranch sauce (see below) sliced cheese like Monterey jack on top (we used colby jack), crisp iceberg lettuce for the crunch.





Spicy Ranch Sauce


1/2 cup ranch


Sriracha chili sauce to taste


*I did not use this much, I just mixed a little of the Sriracha sauce into the ranch and kept tasting it.




Lastly, I halved this recipe, but I thought I would list it like she sent it to me.




Thanks Anna and Robert for sharing this one!!



No comments:

Post a Comment