Thursday, January 9, 2014

Baked Shrimp and Grits



I swear we don't eat shrimp and grits all the time, though I probably could!  This is a version that you bake that my sister made, so I thought I'd post it.  You are really making a grits casserole and just adding the shrimp on the top to bake.  

6 cups water
1 1/2 cups quick cooking grits, dry3/4 stick unsalted butter1 lb block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded2 tsp Lawrys seasoning salt1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce2 tsp salt1 tsp garlic powder3 large eggs beaten5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled

 Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13 baking dish. In medium saucepan bring water to a boil and stir in grits. Remove from heat and mix in butter & cheese, stirring until both are melted. Add Lawry's, hot sauce, salt & garlic powder. Once mixture has cooled slightly, fold in eggs very slowly. Pour into prepared baking dish. Top with fresh peeled shrimp.
Bake 45-60 mins. Serve with hot sauce & crumbled bacon
 *original recipe didn't specify amount of shrimp but next time I would use more shrimp and possibly halve the grits (it makes a ton!)



No comments:

Post a Comment