Monday, January 6, 2014

Christmas Morning Breakfast

I'm so bummed that I forgot to take a picture!!  My sweet friend, Jenny, is a pheonemal baker.  She made us homemade cinnamon rolls that were the BEST we had ever had.  We had them with this breakfast casserole. I had this at a tailgate on a very special friend's birthday this year.  His mom made it and I loved the potato in it.  It's a great breakfast casserole and a keeper recipe!

1 lb hot sausage
1 lb mild sausage
6 large eggs
2 cups milk
1 30 oz package frozen hashbrowns (the shredded kind)
1 cup cheddar cheese (I always use sharp when something calls for plain cheddar)
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp salt

Cook sausage and drain.  Prepare hashbrowns according to package directions (do this at same time you start cooking sausage), adding in 1/2 tsp salt and pepper.  Stir together hashbrowns, sausage, and cheese.  Pour in lightly greased 9 x 13 pan.  Whisk together eggs, milk, remaining 1 tsp salt.  Pour evenly over mixture.  Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment