Monday, February 14, 2011

another great appetizer



Jennifer also made a great appetizer (it's awesome having friends who come to visit and make yummy things while they are here). It was a delicious cheese ball. I loved the salty flavor it has and will definitley be making it again. It's BIG too, so great for a party!

2 blocks (8oz each) cream cheese, softened

1 bunch green onions

1 small jar dried beef

*She said the small one is hard to find, so if you get the big one, use about 2/3 of it.

7-8 shakes Worcestershire sauce

Chop dired beef fairly finely in a food processor. Set aside and chop onions the same way. Add softened cream cheeseand about 1/2 to 2/3 of the chopped dried beef and blend well. Put mixture in a bowl lined with saran wrap and refrigerate until set (2-3 hours at least). Form ball and cover with remainder of chopped beef. Serve with wheat thins.

This is so goooood!! When I was a kid, my most favortie breakfast was creamed beef over toast which uses dried beef. I also used to love to eat dried beef right out of the jar-I know it's amazing I haven't dried up from my love of sodium!

No comments:

Post a Comment