Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lemon Tilapia

I really have not been cooking a whole bunch lately. We've been eating things that I made lots of and froze and that type stuff. Last night, I did cook and thought fish would be good since we hadn't had it in awhile. I really wanted grouper for this recipe, but the store didnt have any, and I wasn't in the mood to go to another, so Tilapia worked just fine (and is a much cheaper substitute).

For the fish:
1/2 Tbsp flour
1/4 tsp seasoning salt
large zip lock bag
2 fish fillets (grouper, tilapia, snapper)
1 Tbsp olive oil
just shy of 1 Tbsp butter
1/8 cup white wine
1 tsp garlic
1/2 lemon

Preheat large saute pan over medium high heat. Place flour and seasoned salt in ziplock bag and shake to mix. Place fish in bag and shake to coat. Place oil in pan and swirl to coat. Add fish. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until nearly opaque. Move fish to outer edge of pan, clearing space in the middle and lower the temperature to low-medium heat. Add butter and allow to melt. Add garlic and wine, stir until combined and slightly thickened. Squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon into pan. Serve fish and spoon sauce over top.

For the spinach (I halved this bc I didn't think Michael would eat it, but he did so we just had little servings-the full recipe is listed):
1 Tbsp butter
1 bag fresh spinach (7-10 oz)
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Preheat large saute pan over medium high heat. Place butter in pan and swirl to coat. Add spinach, salt, and pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently until spinach wilts. Serve.

We had the fish over stone ground grits. YUM!

The entire meal took about 15 minutes. What a great, easy weeknight dinner!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Amy!
    I fixed this for dinner tonight and it was a BIG HIT with Tom! He's not a big fish eater, but he loved this. (I used tilapia.) The spinach was awesome, as well!
    Thanks for sharing such yummy dishes! You're giving me inspiration to cook more!
    Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you (and Tom) liked it! We LOVE fish in our house, and this was so easy!

    ReplyDelete