Monday, April 25, 2011

Low Country Boil

I'd never heard it called low country boil until I moved to SC. We always just called it a shrimp boil, but regardless, it's the same ole thing and is always good. I love this because you can adjust for a crowd or make a quick supper for just your family. I use Zatarain's Extra Spicy Crawfish, Shrimp, and Crab Boil (the regular is good too, but we just love the spicy flavor).

2 ears corn (broken in half)

1 lb of shrimp

1 Carolina Pride sausage (if not using spicy boil bag, I'd use spicy sausage)-I think this is a lb as well

4-5 new potatoes, quartered

1 lemon

crab boil


Bring a large stock pot (8 Qt) of water to a boil (if doing for a crowd, cook on a cooker outside). Add Zatarain's bag and quartered lemon Add corn and boil for about 5 minutes. Add potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes. Add sausage and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add shrimp and cook about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit in water for a few minutes. We just toss it on newspaper and then serve plates from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment