Thursday, September 1, 2011

High Hopes



I made this bread last night with the intention of using it for sandwiches. It's a honey wheat loaf that I am sure I will make over and over. It smelled so good. I pulled it out of the oven and saw this beautiful loaf and thought "Wow, I am really good at this. I could sell this in a bakery." HA! After it cooled, I began to slice it and this is what I discovered inside my seemingly perfect loaf. A giant hole and doughy uncooked bread all around it. I immediately called my friend Elizabeth to troubleshoot. I think I did not roll the loaf up well...so I am holding off on posting the recipe until I make the perfect loaf: on the outside and inside! We did salvage the end pieces and they were amazing, so the good news is that this will be a great treat once I get it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment