Friday, July 2, 2010

Feels like the 4th of July



I have never made ribs before but they were on sale at Kroger and seemed very 4th of July festive, so I thought I would give them a shot. I was shocked at how EASY they are to cook (they always intimidated me). As long as you have the time, they are simple as can be. For the ribs:
one rack of baby back (could easily expand this for more)

rub with a dry rub (Michael's favorite is the McCormick Grill Mates Barbeque, so I just used that rather than making one)

Cook in 275 degree oven for 2.5 hours

Transfer to Medium High Grill and baste with BBQ sauce (we love the Publix Honey BBQ sauce)

Cook for 5 minutes on each side, just to get the glaze to set

SO SIMPLE! And the meat really fell off the bone!



We enjoyed these with corn (Michael) and a tomato from our garden (Amy), baked beans, and jalapeno corn muffins. The corn muffins are another one of those kind of cheating recipes:

One box Jiffy corn muffin mix

(which also needs 1/3 cup milk and 1 egg)

1 jalapeno (again I used a serreno) pepper, seeded and minced

1/4 cup onion, minced

Cook as directed on the box. You can make a traditional bread, but I love the ease of the muffins.



No comments:

Post a Comment