Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ru Ru's Neiman Marcus Cake


Continuing with cooking desserts of some of my best friends-this is a yummy recipe from my friend Haley. Her grandma makes this a lot and her grandma is someone Michael adores, so it seemed fitting that she passed this one on to me. I took them to church and people thought they were lemon squares because of the color, but they are more like cheesecake squares. Try them: they are very rich and yummy!

Bottom layer:
1 box butter cake mix (Pillsbury is what I use)
2 eggs
1 stick of butter

Top layer:
2 eggs
1 8oz block of cream cheese
1 box of confectioner's sugar

Mix separately and then layer in a 9 x 13 greased and floured pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Let cool and then cut them up into squares.

I forgot to take a picture until we were in the car, so this is not the best photo...

1 comment:

  1. Awwww....Neiman Marcus Cake:) YUM! I made a yummy shrimp dish the other night and took a picture just so I could send it to you....Now I just have to remember:)

    ReplyDelete