Thursday, July 29, 2010

Jamaican Chicken

6 pineapple slices
3 boneless chicken breasts, halved
1 chicken bouillon cube
1/3 cup boiling water
1 tsp dry instant coffee
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
*I use the 98% fat free
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 pound sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

Place pineapple slices in baking dish. Top each with a half breast. Dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Combine with coffee, soup, and salt. Pour over chicken. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven to allow cheese to melt. Serves 6.

I did not make this whole thing, but I decided to post it that way. I only used 1 chicken breasts, making 2 servings. Rather than try to divide a can of soup, I just made the sauce for 6 and then only used 1/3 of it on our chicken. That seemed much easier. Also, I found that the instant coffee packets (single serving) are 1 tsp, so that was perfect to buy for this.

Michael really liked this and I liked that it was the perfect serving size-not a huge chicken breast. Even if you were feeding 6, you just have to use one pack of chicken since you use half a breast for each serving. We had it with saffron rice and green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment