Thursday, September 9, 2010

A little change from tradition


So every time we make pimento cheese, we do it exactly the same. It's kind of a Long family staple. I decided to make it a little different to to change things up. My sister had left some white cheddar here, so I grated it and sharp cheddar. I usually grate my pimento cheese very finely, but I decided to do it chunkier this time. I added the typical pimentos and mayo (just a tad to make it stick because mayo grosses me out) and diced a jalapeƱo and added it in. Michael suggested that it might be better if I used picked jalapeƱos instead and added a tad of the juice to make it a little spicier throughout, so I might try that. Overall, it was good-pimento cheese is hard to mess up and a great addition to the first Carolina tailgate.

No comments:

Post a Comment