Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tomato Tarts!



These heavenly bite-sized treats are courtesy of my dear friend Elizabeth. I made them for a PC alumni event the other night and they were a hit. I was a little nervous that they would only be good warm, but they were still great at room temperature and people kept munching on them. These would be a great addition to a tailgate!! I overtuffed them a little, and putting a little less filling in them would make them more attractive and I think a little better.


3 cans refrigerated biscuits (golden layers-the recipe suggested Hungry Jack, but Pillsbury is what I found and what I used)

1 large can petite diced tomatoes (the BIG can)

1 cup mayo (light is what I always use)

1.5 cup cheddar cheese (I used sharp)

1.5 cup Parmesan cheese

3 tsp dried basil

1/8-1/4 cup Real bacon bits



Separate biscuits into thirds or fourths. Press into a larger size and fit into mini muffin tins. Drain tomatoes and mix with all other ingredients. Place into biscuit lined muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Recipe makes a ton (like 60-80) tarts. These freeze well. To reheat, place tarts in large aluminum pan with parchment paper between layers (I was out and used foil and it worked great). Cover pan with foil. Reheat at 350 until hot.

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! Just wanted you to know that I printed out a bunch of your recipes today so that I can be more like you:) AKA....actually cook something decent in my house:) xoxo!

    ReplyDelete