Monday, October 25, 2010

APPLE CAKE!!



This is my favorite dessert! We had a bunch of apples because we went to Sky Top Orchard in Flat Rock, NC. I knew I would make this, and had the time on Sunday. This recipe comes from my mother-in-law and she knows how much I love it. She spoiled me by making it for me many times! The small picture shows it my favorite way, with a scoop of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla. The bottom shows it in the pan after it is baked. It makes a lot. I also like to indulge in it for breakfast on occasion...
Mix:
2 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 2/3 cups sugar

Add:
2 cups sifted flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves, ground
1 cup chopped pecans
2 cups chopped apples (about 4-if it's a little over, just add them)
1 tsp vanilla
Bake in a 9 x 13 pan at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Don't open oven until done.

This is the most amazing dessert and it's very easy to make! I cut it up like brownie and share because it doesn't keep for many days. It's so moist that it gets soggy after a few days, so I bake and then give a bunch away.

2 comments:

  1. Yum looks delicious! Wonder what would happen if you stirred in cinnamon chips? I love the cinn and can't get enough. Hope you're doing well, sweet long lost friend. I love the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS! I made it the other day for a friend that had a baby and we all loved it! YAY!:)

    ReplyDelete