Monday, October 25, 2010

Twice Baked Potato

I recently read that eating a twice baked potato is healthier than a regular baked potato which made me so excited because they are so much tastier! The whole reasoning is that you are only eating half the potato and you are eating the skin which has all the nutrients in it. I was sold!


1 potato per every 2 people you are serving (so I used 1 for Michael and I)

1/4 cup cheddar cheese

1/8 cup sour cream

1/8 cup milk (I kind of eyeballed it and just used a splash)

1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter

1 scallion, sliced



Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Poke a few holes in the potato(es) with the tines of a fork and microwave the potatoes on high until slightly soft to the touch, 6-12 minutes. Since I was doing one potato, I microwaved for 5, flipped the potato and microwaved another 5 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to the oven, and cook directly on the rack, about 20 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Slice the potatoes in half. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh of each potato into a bowl. Arrange the shells upright on a baking sheet and return to the oven. Bake until shells are dry and slightly crisp, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mash the potatoes flesh until smooth. Add cheddar, sour cream, milk, butter and scallions. Remove the shells from the oven and increase the temperature to 500 degrees. Carefully spoon the potato mixture into the shells. Bake until spotty brown and crisp, about 15 minutes. ENJOY!



I think this would be easy to do for company, plus you are using half the potatoes, so it's economical!

No comments:

Post a Comment