Monday, June 27, 2011

The Grossest thing I've ever eaten...

This is takoyaki. THE GROSSEST THING EVER. Sure, they look quite cute with the sauce drizzled over them....but....I should say that Michael and I truly wanted to experience all we could while we were in Japan. We were very up for trying new things. This was the one thing I ate that I just did not like, at all. Takoyaki is a dough ball with a piece of octopus inside of it. What we really were not expecting was the overwhelming fishy taste. Then, you feel the octopus in your mouth. I am really a funny person about textures, so for me there was a decisive moment: do I spit it out or do I swallow the piece of octopus whole? I knew there was NO WAY I was going to chew it up. I swallowed it whole and promptly marched to the vending machine and washed it down with a Coke Zero. I am glad that we can say we tried it, but I can guarantee I will NEVER eat it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment