Wednesday, August 31, 2011

New Addition to the Long Kitchen


Michael bought me a break maker on Saturday, something I have been wanting to get into. My friend Elizabeth got me really interested this summer and got me thinking about all the preservatives in the bread that I buy. (Side note: Elizabeth is my precious friend who introduced me to the white chili and sour cream pound cake; so when she encourages me to make something-I know it will be good). The bread maker I got is an Oster (pictured) and this is the first recipe I tried.


Home Style White Bread

1 1/4 cups milk

1/4 cup water

2 Tbsp butter

4 cups bread flour

2 Tbsp sugar

1 tsp salt

1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast



Add all the ingredients to the bread machine (in the order listed). Select the basic white bread cycle. Select Medium for crust color. Remove hot bread from machine as soon as it is done. Cool on a wire rack.



The pan is pretty deep, so it makes a funky shaped loaf of bread, but the taste was great! Pictured above is half the loaf and the other half is sliced. I made french toast with this on Sunday morning and loved it! I can't wait to try more and more recipes!



Thanks Michael, for my new toy!

No comments:

Post a Comment