Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Our new favorite chicken salad

My sister-in-law, Julie recently found this recipe in the Post and Courrier and made it for us. We loved it so much that I came home and made it and we've been enjoying it for lunch. The mayo is not overpowering, which is a big deal for me and chicken salad. Some changes, I didn't use a rotiesserie chicken like the recipe called for, but just boiled a pack of chicken breasts. The original recipe called for dried cherries, but we used dried cranberries instead. I am listing it as I made it below.

3 chicken breasts, cooked
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
1/2 cup ligth mayo
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup sliced almonds
salt and pepper to taste (we didn't add any)

Tear chicken into bite sized pieces. In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients (except salt and pepper). Add chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour. (Add salt and pepper now if you choose).

We've enjoyed it on wraps with lettuce for lunch. What a great summertime change up to our lunch routine!

1 comment: