Friday, July 30, 2010

Shouldn't even post this...


Too easy to say I made! I make these with two different marinades depending on the mood and amount of time I have. This is way quicker, though the other is pretty fast too. Both are tasty, just a little different.

For the store bought marinade, Lauren introduced me to the Goya brand "Mojo Criollo" Marinade. You find it in the Mexican food section of the grocery store. It's also good on steak if you prefer steak fajitas. Just cut chicken, onion, and green pepper into strips and cook over Medium high heat on the stove. I like to eat mine with sour cream, Michael adds sour cream and salsa to his. So fast and a great way to use extra chicken in a meal. One chicken breast would have been plenty, but I had 2 to use, so we have some leftovers.

For the marinade I make, here's the recipe:
1 tsp chile powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp EVOO
Combine in a plastic bag. Add chicken, peppers, and onions. Knead to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment