Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Steak Diane

2 sirloin strip steaks, 1/2 inch thick
salt to taste

black pepper, freshly ground

2 tsp dry mustard

2 Tbsp butter

1.5 tbsp lemon juice

1 chopped green onion

1 Tbsp Worcestershire



With a mallet, pound steaks to 1/3 inch thick. Sprinkle both sides with mustard, salt, and pepper. Pound into meat. Heat butter in skillet. Cook steak 2 minutes on each side. Remove steak from skillet. Add remaining ingredients to skillet. Bring to a boil. Slice meat and pour sauce over.



I cooked these a little more than I would have liked to. I am always so nervous about food (chicken, pork, fish) being undercooked and often forget that pink is supposed to be in steak. The sauce flavor is so good. I got this recipe out of Tea Time at the Masters, which is a great cookbook (many fancy recipes that I have not been brave enough to try).



We had this with mashed potatoes (simple: butter and half and half) and roasted squash and zucchini (I used one of each and drizzled a little olive oil over them and cooked at 400 degrees for 20 minutes). Michael and I don't usually eat steak unless it's a fillet on the grill, so I am learning to cook other cuts of meat.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite cookbook...and my mom's, too. Love that we both have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too!!! you'll have to tell me what recipes you love out of it!

    ReplyDelete