Monday, August 2, 2010

Momma's Mac and Cheese

My sister and I love mac and cheese! When I asked my momma for her recipe years ago, this is what she gave me:
2 cups macaroni noodles
4 Tbsp butter
2 beaten eggs
little bit of flour (I have translated this is mean 2-3 Tbsp)
little bit of milk
8 oz cheese
salt and pepper
Boil macaroni. Drain and rinse. Butter casserole dish (1.5 quart size). Mix cheese, butter, eggs, salt, pepper, and flour. Put in casserole dish. Pour milk over macaroni mixture just so it fills in but not so much that it comes over the top of the macaroni mixture. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes (adding cheese to top in last 10 minutes).
I like to use macaroni products other than elbow mac. This time I used spirals which I really like in mac and cheese. We had this with beer boiled (boil Johnsonville brats in beer, water, cut onion mixture for 15 minutes and then transfer to grill for 5 minutes) bratwursts and sautéed zucchini.

No comments:

Post a Comment