Monday, August 2, 2010

Stromboli

This is something I have wanted to make for awhile. I didn't know the difference between this and a calzone, but apparently the Stromboli has sauce and the calzone does not (or so the girl at Gina's pizza says). That being said, I would be content to refer to this as a calzone. You cannot really tell from the photo, but this would have fed 4 easily! We ate almost half of it with a small salad and we were full.

To make:
Pillsbury pizza crust
any ingredients you want!
tomato sauce (I just used the basic can of tomato sauce and added oregano)
cheese (I used the Kraft shredded italian blend because we already had it and used about 1/3 of the package)

for our ingredients, I added pepperoni, sausage, green bell pepper, and onion. I used 1/2 bell pepper and just about 1/8 of an onion. You lay the pizza dough out and spread the sauce over half, leaving about an inch on the edge. Lay the toppings over the sauce and then fold over and press the edges together with a fork to seal. Lightly spread olive oil on the top. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.

We definitely have leftovers which I think will make a good lunch one day this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment