Wednesday, August 4, 2010

SALSA


Since we had more tomatoes than we knew what to do with, I decided I would make some salsa. I was so pleased at how easy it was. I am sure it won't have much of a shelf life (I am thinking 2-3 days in the fridge), but I will probably have no trouble eating it by then!



3 small tomatoes-about a cup, seeded and finely chopped

*12-15 grape tomatoes (that is what we had the most of, so that's what I wanted to use-I also think they were easier because they are less seedy)

1/3 cup finely chopped red onion

1 jalapeƱo pepper, seeded and finely chopped

2 Tbsp lime juice

2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro

1/4 tsp salt

4 cloves garlic, minced



Stir it all together. Cover. Refrigerate.





2 comments:

  1. mmmmmmm. Reminds me of Monteray Jack Salsa! Do you have that recipe? One my FAVORITES from Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! Will you send it to me? We eat salsa all the time!

    ReplyDelete