Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Yuck

Just over a month and it happened. I knew it would. I knew it was just a matter of time. I tried a new recipe and we did not like it-at all. I tried sausage chicken (basically stuffed and baked with a sauce on it) from Tea Time at the Masters. I should have taken it as a sign that it said Bake 2-3 hours. Who leaves an hour difference in cook time possibility?? Well I cooked it a little too long (2 hours and 15 minutes) and it was dry. I was not it impressed and we will not be trying that one again...

Oh well, can't be successful all the time. And don't worry, I had an extra scoop of Blue Bell (with a chopped up Girl Scout Samoa cookie in it) to compensate for the small dinner I ate. :)

4 comments:

  1. Amy, please tell me you still don't have girl scout cookies laying around?? I'm pretty sure ours were gone approximately two weeks after they came in!! You are my hero if you can make them last this long!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Tea Time at the Masters cookbook, but good to know not to try that recipe! And the talk of the girls scout cookies makes me so hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, we were seperated at birth I think. I still have Samoa's in the freezer (probably because I bought so many boxes:)) and thoroughly enjoy them chopped up in my ice cream! YUM!

    PS - Did you see Samoa Ice Cream this year? They had Thin Mint too (I hate Thin Mint; Todd loves it). It was pretty much God's gift to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke, I have been making them last, and this was helped by my giving up sweets for Lent. So, I got them and couldn't eat them for almost 2 months!

    Haley, I did not know about the ice cream! I will have to look for it. Is it still out?

    ReplyDelete