Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Chicken Taco Casserole

This is not a typical Amy recipe at all.  I usually see these everything from a can recipes and think yuck, but for some reason I decided to try this one.  It was so sinful, cheesy tasting, and I'm sure it's loaded with calories, but man, it was EASY and GOOD!  Michael referred to this as a dip, which to me shows how yummy and sinful it was!  :)

1 10 oz bag of tortillas chips (mine was 14 oz so I just eyeballed what I thought was 10)
2 cans cream of chicken soup, 98% fat free
1 1/2 cups light sour cream
1 can Rotel
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 packet taco seasoning
3 cups chicken, cook and shredded
2 cups cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease 13 x 9 inch pan.  In a large bowl, combine the chicken soup, sour cream, rotel, black beans, taco seasoning, and chicken.

Crush chips by hand and spread half on bottom on pan.  Spread half of the chicken mixture over the tortillas.  Top with 1 cup cheese.  Repeat layers.    Bake for 30 minutes until bubbly and cheese is starting to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment