Monday, December 6, 2010

Cranberry Orange Muffins


This is one of my favorite types of muffins! I wanted to try these out, and I actually made them twice-they are good! The recipe is from the Columbia Junior League cookbook, Down By the Water. I altered it ever so slightly. Everyone loved these when I made them!
1 cup chopped fresh cranberries (I liked them cut in half so they weren't too small)
2 Tbsp sugar
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp grated orange peel
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup orange juice
1 egg, lightly beaten

Combine the cranberries and 2 Tbsp sugar in a bowl and mix well. Combine the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, orange peel and salt in a bowl and mix well. Cut in 1.2 cup butter until crumbly. Add the oj and egg, stirring just until moistened. Fold in the cranberry mixture. Spoon into greased muffin cups. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in muffin tin 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment